- Toll-free: 800-771-0205
- Phone: 608-831-6880
- Fax: 608-831-6983
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Art Specs and Requirements
The following is a list of specifications and guidelines for submitting artwork that will allow our art department to provide a quality product in the most timely manner. OR Download a printable PDF of Art Specs. (link to PDF file)
- Adobe Illustrator (preferred)
- Macromedia Freehand MX
- Adobe Acrobat (PDFX-1a format)
- Adobe Photoshop (File should be CMYK mode (4-color process) at 300 dpi when scaled at 100%. Save as EPS or TIF. DO NOT use RGB color mode. DO NOT use .jpg or .gif images from websites, these are not suitable for our production process.
- Autocad DXF or DWG (Used for engineering drawings to supply specifications about a part. They may be used for artwork with editing. Depending on the complexity of the design, there may be an additional art charge.)
We can use the following software:
- Artwork may be supplied on CD or DVD and mailed to:
- Email your file that is 5M or less to: email@example.com
Latitude Graphics, LLC.
2600 Parmenter Street
Middleton, WI 53562
Files larger than 5M can be downloaded using our FTP site.
Contact us at 608.831.6880 for username and password instructions
- Vector art created in Adobe Illustrator is preferred. This enables us to edit the file and create bleeds, traps and separate colors.
- Convert all type to Outlines. This turns them into a vector image and eliminates font compatibility issues.
- Include copies of all linked files.
- DO NOT use .jpg or .gif images from websites, these are not suitable for our production process.
- Minimum line weight is .005".
- DO NOT use type smaller than 5 points.
- Include a dieline with an assigned spot color such as cyan.
- Clearly specify all colors. For spot colors use a PMS (Pantone Matching System) number. DO NOT use RGB color mode.
- Provide a sample label or color chips to ensure accurate matching of critical colors. Providing a sample label will also help to match current labels or a specific look.
- If possible provide an engineering drawing with overall dimensions and locations and dimensions of all cutouts, radius corners, punches and windows. Also, clearly specify all colors and spot Pantone colors.
Preferred file format:
Contact us at 608.831.6880 for more information or if you need assistance preparing your artwork.